Wednesday, April 22, 2015

"War of the Roses" and other crap from Courtney in the Morning


I really can't stand Courtney in the morning on Kiss 95.7.
Aside from the trashy content on the show, she has this really reprehensible segment called the "War of the Roses" where her team (typically) calls a boyfriend/fiancee/husband at the behest of some worried women afraid that he is cheating.
The plot is to offer him free roses live on air (while the worried woman is listening) to see where he sends it. If he sends it to someone other than said women... he is publicly embarrassed.
Normally, I am on NPR but they are in their second week of fundraising so this time I listened in....



Wouldn't ya know it this time was the third time I have heard the man ask to send it to the worried woman... at which point the she jumps in and says "oh honey I am so relieved you are not cheating. I was so worried... blah blah". The guy is usually in shock... and at that point, the damage is done. 

We don't hear the conversation that night at home but if I were that guy... I would be PISSED for several reasons. 
1st. She didn't trust me. 
2nd She had doubts and didn't ask me. 
3rd She chose to air her suspicions/insecurities ON THE RADIO?!? 

So now that she has learned he was thinking of her all along... how is he supposed to feel about it? Is he just supposed to be "OK" with her trying to out him publicly? And Oh, by the way now everyone else knows she is insecure as well.

I can hear some of you now waiting to jump on and say "but some of them ARE cheating dirt bags.." and I am sure that is true. But what I do know is that three relationships are considerably worse... because people can't communicate.


Putting your problems on the radio is NEVER a good idea..

------------------------------------------------------
I hope you enjoyed this post. I tried to make it worth your while to read. If you enjoyed it and feel compelled to do so, there are some additional options:

COMMENT - Have something to say? Let me know what you think! The comment box below is there for you retort. Feedback is welcome.

SHARE - If you think this is share-worthy ( my goal of course ;) ) then use any of the small buttons below to send this to your friends via Twitter, Facebook or email. Spread the word

FOLLOW ME- If you like it and would like to be notified automatically when I post newer stories, then simply press on the "follower" link above to set it up. I will not be putting any advertising in my blog...only posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment