Monday, October 29, 2012

Daddy, what's happy hour?


     The family went down to DC this weekend to attend DW's Cousins' wedding and we stayed across the street from Sequoia's, a very famous restaurant that overlooks the Potomac river. DED and I had time to kill until the wedding so I though it would be nice to take her there since the view is great, the trees with the xmas lights are very pretty, and I was a little nostalgic, since The Wife and I had spent many an evening there during our dating days. This is one of the more precious nuggets of conversation with her...

Leila 6.11 - "Daddy whats happy hour?"...


Me - <Thinking how the heck do I explain this one>" Ummmm you know how when you have a lot of homework and it's no fun? Wouldn't you like it if after your home work you could go out an meet your friends for hot cocoa... with marshmallows?"
DED 6.11 - "Yeah!"
Me- "Well work is no fun either, so after work some people go out to meet their friends to talk and have drinks, because they're happy work is done!"
DED 6.11 - " And they drink hot cocoa?"
Me - " No ... they drink firewater instead.." <firewater is our families code for alcoholic drinks>
DED 6.11 - <making yucky face>"Well I would drink hot cocoa instead."
Me - <big sigh> "I am glad to hear it kiddo..."



------------------------------------------------------
I hope you enjoyed this post. There are some additional options you can do
COMMENT - Have something to say? Let me know what you think! The comment box below is there for you retort. Feedback is welcome.
SHARE - If you think this is share-worthy ( my goal of course ;) ) then use any of the small buttons below to send this to your friends via Twitter, Facebook or email. Spread the word
FOLLOW ME- If you like it and would like to be notified automatically when I post newer stories, then simply press on the "follower" link above to set it up. I will not be putting any advertising in my blog...only posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment